Links to advice, guidance and support for well-being during these difficult times. This page will be updated regulatory as new advice and guidance becomes available.
Everybody Worries - A short picture, story book to help children worries about the Corona Virus.
Click on the image or here to open the e-book
Welcome to Meic
Meic is the helpline service for children and young people up to the age of 25 in Wales. From finding out what’s going on in your local area to help dealing with a tricky situation, Meic will listen even when no-one else will. We won’t judge you and will help by giving you information, useful advice and the support you need to make a change.
Flourishing Families provides:
Flourishing Families delights in providing counseling services to the community so that families may flourish. I desire to see wholeness for the entire family, which often comes from a combination of focusing on the whole family unit and on specific relationships or individuals within the family. I utilize evidence-based, developmentally appropriate, creative interventions to help families embrace healing, develop resiliency, and cultivate rest.
Flourishing Families seeks opportunities to partner with the community to provide encouragement, strengthening, and support to couples and families. I want to develop partnerships in the community so that services can complement each other.
Flourishing Families delights in providing quality training, supervision, and resources for mental health professionals. I come alongside clinicians so they can flourish. I believe that when clinicians are equipped, empowered, and nurtured, they are able to thrive and provide quality mental health services that help the families they serve heal and flourish.
Further Support and Guidance from NHS
There are services to support you and others you may be worried about. Explore the information below to find helpful guidance and advice. We’ll be updating this section regularly so please revisit if you don’t find what you need first time.
Further support and guidance is available on their site (click here).
This list is taken from the Families and Young People section:
Families with additional needs
- Relate Cymru provides advice and support for families or individuals in need of relationship advice
- Care for the Family offers a wealth of support services to families including bereavement counselling, marriage and parental support.
- In addition to advice and support for parents, the Children’ Commissioner for Wales’ website also includes an information hub with activities for children, care advice and advice for children and young people.
- If your child has special educational needs or disabilities, SNAP Cymru can provide parental support and advice.
- ASD info Wales can provide support for those working with families, adults and children who have ASD, while AP Cymru provides a lifeline for families of children with Autism.
- Stepping stones provide great advice and support for children’s care homes in the UK. they are also providing a hotline and email service for parents.
- Flourishing Families Provides counselling and education services to families across the UK.
- For support, advice and tips for maintaining relationships, FAQs and the rules for contact arrangements visit Gingerbread UK.
- Both Only Mums and Only Dads provide the latest government guidance and offer mediation services as well as an online chat facility.
- Similarly singleparents.org.uk provide information and services to single parent families. They are also offering a daily zoom forum to share tips and advice from other single parents.
- In addition to their hotline number, Childline are offering guidance and advice on coping with anxiety, school closures and lockdown. They are also providing a support network for young people with mental health issues. On their website you can find learning resources, exercises and mindfulness techniques.
- Action for Children are providing daily online activities as well as online help for parents and guidance on COVID-19.
- For children and young people experiencing mental health issues, Hideout provides a safe space to talk online, acting as a virtual refuge.
- Meic Cymru are providing free online activities and also calming tips during COVID-19. You can contact them for free by phone, text and or via the chat function on the website.
- For advice on how to talk to children about COVID19 visits NSPCC. They’re also running their usual support service in addition to providing help and guidance for COVID-19.