Story – Big Red Bath
Teaching Ideas and Resources
(all files needed are underenath)
- Make a list of other colours in the story other than red.
- Choose two adjectives and a noun and use these as the title for your own story, e.g. Tiny Green Tortoise, Ferocious Brown Bear.
- Make a new page for the story in which a new animal wants to get in the bath too.
- Splish, splash and splosh are examples of onomatopoeia. These are words which are also sounds . Can you think of any others?
- Use the Big Red Bath as the starting point for discussions about capacity. How much liquid could the bath/ sink hold? How many cups of water would this be? How many buckets of water? – estimate
- Investigate what happens to a container of liquid when you put objects into it. How does it affect the water level?
- There are lots of bubbles in the Big Red Bath. How are bubbles made? Could you have a bubble blowing competition?
- Paint blowing bubble pictures
- When returning to school – who is in your bubble? Can you draw you and your friends in your bubble ?